Import files must be in CSV format. You can convert an Excel file to CSV by doing a "Save As" and selecting Comma Separated Values (.CSV) as the format.
- Username/Unique Id - 3 to 30 characters, may not contain spaces, may only contain lowercase or capital letters, numbers, underscore (_) or dash (-). Recommended: For students, use unique student/lunch id (e.g. 123011). For teachers, use a unique teacher id or (less preferred) a combination of first/last name and initials (e.g. smithj). For schools, use a unique school code (e.g. 0041).
- Password (required only for new accounts) - 3 to 16 characters, may not contain spaces or these special characters: ! * ( ) : ; , ' \" \\ / [ ] +. Recommended: use part of their date of birth along with their initials (e.g. ah0512). For teachers, use some combination of their name and part of their teacher id (e.g. smith37).
- First name
- Last name
- Grade - PK, K or 1 through 12
All required fields are case-insensitive.
- Email (everyone except students) - providing an email address is highly recommended to receive news, updates, etc.
- Teacher Username (students only) - The username of the student's homeroom teacher (the teacher account must already exist). The teacher must belong to the same school as the student.
Recommended Field Names For CSV Header
|School File||Teacher File||Student File|
Sample Teacher CSV File
unique_id, password, school_username, first_name, last_name, email mr_smith, passwd1, sycamore, john, smith, email@example.com miss_doe, passwd2, lincoln, jane, doe, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sample Student CSV File
unique_id, password, school_username, teacher_username, first_name, last_name, grade_level jtang, passwd1, sycamore, mr_smith, jay, tang, K kjones, passwd2, lincoln, miss_doe, kay, jones, 8 nhem, passwd3, lakeann, , nat, hem, 11
*Existing accounts will be updated (based on usernames) with your new information. New accounts will be created if necessary.